The interactive book for mobile storytellers. Create visual stories that communicate ideas, share experiences and explain your world.
A Field Guide for Mobile Journalism:
Volume 1, Photo Stories
By Robb Montgomery
This book teaches the fundamentals for using smartphones to produce amazing photo stories.
The MOJO guides are designed for media students, educators and the next generation of mobile storytellers.
In this volume:
• Learn practical and innovative methods to take better pictures with whatever mobile device you have with you
• Master the fundamentals of apps, camera controls, composition, and lighting
• Discover what gear field reporters use to make photo stories
• Unlock your potential as a storyteller by understanding how great stories are made
• Use groundbreaking new apps to craft rich, multimedia reports
• Learn how creating trust can help you make great portraits
“The MOJO Guide is a wonderfully complete and strikingly accessible training book for anyone who wants to create compelling stories with their mobile phone and/or camera. It covers the basics of good visual journalism and the technical aspects that are so important today.”
Howard I. Finberg
The Poynter Institute
“We all know mobile matters. Now Robb shows everyone how it can be done: demystifying the technology and showing what is possible with the camera you always have in hand. Essential.”
“Robb’s comprehensive ‘A Field Guide for Mobile Journalism’ is the ‘go-to ’ and ‘how-to ’ for mobile visual journalism. Congratulations for publishing this masterpiece of bringing the complexity of mojo technology to the level of simplicity in real-world practice.”